After discussing if the UFC would allow certain fighters to come on as coaches for his team on The Ultimate Fighter, Roy Nelson decided to post the complete list on his own website. Nelson sounded off on who he wanted to be part of his team during a recent interview.
Below is a post courtesy of Nelson from his own site:
COACHES: Here are my Assistant/Guest Coaches the non-ufc coaches will be helping but not on the set because they are black, criminals, white, Olympian, Great TV ... (disclaimer I have know idea, just opinion) NON-UFC ALLOWED Muhammed Lawal Kurt Angle Victor Conte UFC ALLOWED Royce Gracie James Johnson Jeff Mayweather George St. Pierre Nick Diaz Nate Diaz Rashad Evans Forrest Griffin Chael Sonnen Jake Shields Gilbert Melendez Martin Kampmann Amir Sadollah Mike Pyle Gray Maynard Ron Frazier Anthony Brown, I am a student first, teacher second. Let give theses kids an opportunity of a life time. A UFC SUPER CAMP
Filming for the show will begin next month, with the first episode to air on FX in September. Nelson will coach opposite Shane Carwin.
- Phil Davis Still Learning From Loss To Rashad Evans
- Matt Serra Feels Like Chris Weidman Can Defeat Anderson Silva
- Mauricio "Shogun" Rua Wants His Title Back From Jon Jones
- Cesar Gracie: Diaz Fighting Silva Not About Title
- Chris Weidman Has Words For Both Managers Of Anderson Silva
- Roger Gracie Says Fighting Tim Kennedy Would Be "Interesting Fight"
- "Road To The Octagon" Airs On Fox Today, Features Rua, Vera, Bader, Machida Camps
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline