Roy Nelson believes being average has placed him in a position that many MMA fighters can only dream about. "Big Country" has won The Ultimate Fighter, competed with the likes of current UFC heavyweight champion Junior dos Santos, and will now coach on TUF.
Nelson's coaching opponent, Shane Carwin, isn't too fond of him, though. Carwin has claimed to not like the "Jester" of the UFC, and plans to knock him out.
Well, Nelson responded during a recent appearance on The MMA Hour with Ariel Helwani. TUF will begin later this year on FX, with the two squaring off after that
"I don't know if Shane is bi-polar or what the deal is. We have kind of gone back-and-forth," Nelson said. "I think he called me fight once; that hurt my feelings."
Nelson said he doesn't remember taking any issue with Carwin in the past, but added that "The Engineer" can take on any role he wants when the two compete on TUF.
"It sounds like he's a Chael (Sonnen), which is okay because I can be Anderson (Silva) and put him in his place," Nelson said. "I'm just average and look at the (expletive) that I've pulled off; I'm coaching The Ultimate Fighter."
- Alexander Gustafsson Targeting Early Fall Return To Action
- Chael Sonnen Gives His Responses To "Rampage" Jackson
- Anderson Silva's Wife Extends BBQ Invite To Chael Sonnen
- Anthony Johnson Feels "Healthier" By Making Decision To Fight At 205
- John Lineker Vs. Yasuhiro Urushitani On Deck For UFC 151
- Melvin Guillard Says "There Is No Way" Donald Cerrone Can Beat Him
- Roy Nelson Happy To Be Average, Not Sure Where Hatred From Shane Carwin Originated
- Tito Ortiz Says TRT Use Needs To Be Stopped Right Now
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.