Add Roy Nelson and Andrei Arlovski to the list of fighters will to step in and face Daniel Cormier. Frank Mir, Cormier's original opponent, suffered an injury and will not be able to make the November bout, acccording to reports.
Nelson is currently set to face Shane Carwin later this year. The two heavyweights are coaching opposite one another on The Ultimate Fighter.
"Found out FRANK MIR is out," Nelson posted on Facebook. "I told the (UFC, Dana White) put me in coach. I know their are a few that will step up."
"I'm getting a lot of tweets about fighting (Cormier) and if the fans want to see it I'm sure we can make it happen!" Arlovski wrote on Twitter.
Nothing has been confirmed by Zuffa, the UFC or Strikeforce concerning Cormier and if he will even remain on the card. The former Olympian is expected to join the UFC after fighting in Strikeforce once more.
- Shane Carwin On Roy Nelson "He Puts On A Front"
- Marcus Brimage On Training With American Top Team In Preparation Of UFC 152
- Verbal Attacks Have No Affect On Brian Stann
- Despite Recent Surgery, Chris Weidman Still Plans On Facing Tim Boetsch
- Stephan Bonnar Calls Fighting Anderson Silva In Brazil A "Dream Fight"
- Time Off Allowed Joseph Benavidez To Improve As A Fighter
- Rashad Evans' TUF Performance Pushed Demetrious Johnson Into MMA
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline