In a recent interview with TATAME, UFC Middleweight Rousimar "Toquinho" Palhares shared that he was not feeling 100% coming into his bout with Alan "The Talent" Belcher.
"I couldn't do anything, I was too sick. I don't really want to talk about it so it doesn't sound like an excuse and I'm not taking anything away from him [Belcher]… I was not strong enough. It wasn't my day, literally. I was dead, I couldn't move," explained the Brazilian.
Although this was "Toquinho's" third loss in his ten Octagon appearances, Palhares guaranteed a performance like that against Belcher will not happen again, as well as promising improvement.
"That [loss] is only going to strengthen me and I'll become a champion… My plan now is to train and never step up on the ring like I did this time."
Rousimar Palhares was KO'd in the initial round of his fight with Alan Belcher at UFC on Fox: Diaz vs Miller, after the leglock specialist stubbornly held onto several heel hook attempts, leaving the Brazilian open to powerful shots from the top by Belcher.
- Patrick Cote Replaces Rich Franklin In Fight Vs. Cung Le At "UFC 148"
- Roy “Big Country” Nelson Would Love To Welcome Brock Lesnar Back To UFC
- Dominick Cruz Discusses Knee Injury, TUF Experience, Faber-Barao
- Wagner Prado To Face Phil Davis In Griggs' Place
- Rick Story Facing New Opponent... Again
- More Details From Arianny Celeste's Domestic Violence Case (With Mugshots)
- Rousimar Palhares Says He Was Sick During Alan Belcher Fight
- Video: Jose "Pele" Landi-Jons Calls Out "Wussy Liar" Anderson Silva
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.