UFC welterweight contender Rory MacDonald was asked about his decision to participate in VADA's random drug testing Monday. MacDonald, who will face BJ Penn this December at UFC On Fox: Henderson Vs. Diaz, was part of the Fuel TV special Training Day: Inside Tristar Gym Live.
"It's pretty annoying," said MacDonald, of the testing that started last week. "I don't like getting woken up in the morning. It threw my routine off. It was a bit annoying that day, but if it only happens a couple times, I can deal with it."
MacDonald (13-1) and Penn (16-8-2) agreed to the testing as a way to help clean up MMA from the use of performance-enhancing drugs. The two were scheduled to meet earlier this year, but a cut suffered in training postponed the match.
"I'm pretty much ready to go anytime now," MacDonald said. "I'm a little bit sick of waiting."
- Anthony Johnson Vs. Andrei Arlovski? "Rumble" Is Down For It
- TUF 16 Ratings Climb Back Above One Million
- UFC Announces Partial 2013 Schedule, Four Fox Events
- Firas Zahabi-GSP's Legs Are "More Powerful Than Ever, It's Scary"
- Miesha Tate: Dana White's Changed Perspective Of WMMA Paves The Way For The Future
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.