Ricardo Tirloni's (14-2) last performance didn't end as he hoped after being knocked out for the first time in his career. Going forward, he is prepared to make sure that doesn't happen again.
"I set aside the last two months only to train for this fight," said Tirloni on MMA Junkie. "I'm 100 percent focused. I have a clear objective to go in and define the fight, and not wait for things to happen."
Tirloni returns to action today, October 19, for Bellator. It is his third appearance for the company where he is 1-1 after a KO loss in his previous fight. The loss came in the first round against Rick Hawn (14-1). Before the loss, Tirloni was on an 11 fight win streak.
"It's something that's bound to happen," said Tirloni. "It was bad for me, of course, to be knocked out but I've dealt well with the situation. I'm moving forward, seeking more victories. It's necessary to learn from these mistakes to keep them from happening again."
At tonight's Bellator 77, Tirloni take on Renê Nazare (10-2) in the opening round of the Season 7 lightweight tournament. Nazare enters the fight on a two fight losing streak after starting in the company with three wins.
Bellator 77 takes place tonight on MTV2. It airs at 8pm Eastern Time.
- Matt Riddle, Francisco Rivera Suspended For Failed Drug Tests
- Is Anderson Silva Already Budging On Jon Jones Super-Fight?
- Bellator 77 Weigh-In Results: Lightweight Tourney Quarters Official
- Shane Carwin Continues Rehab For Injured Knee Ahead Of TUF 16 Finale Fight
- Jon Jones Doing MMA A Favor Taking Out Chael Sonnen
- Gilbert Yvel Scratched From RFA 4 Main Event
- Anderson Silva's Legacy Continues To Grow In Brazil
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.