"The UFC was very generous in this fight because it's so close to Halloween," said Laranja to Bloody Elbow. "I think it's good that they put it close to there because I think it's gonna be a blood bath. It's gonna be like a massacre. You gonna watch a guy just to get his face beat up. That's OK. Every once in a while, you gotta throw the fans a bone."
Heading into the fight, Bonnar is the obvious underdog. Before this fight Bonnar considered himself retired, but couldn't pass on the opportunity to take on the man who is undefeated in the UFC with 15 wins.
"Don't get me wrong, I love Steven Bonnar," said Laranja. "I think if you voting for Steven Bonnar in this one, you just using your heart, and not you brain. After that fight, he's gonna eat from a straw."
Bonnar vs. Silva headlines UFC 153 from Brazil later today. Check FightLine.com for continued coverage.
- Renato Laranja Gives His Take On UFC 153 Main Event
- Forrest Griffin Says He And Stephan Bonnar Can Split The Light Heavyweight Championship
- Minutes After Win, Dana White Sends Message To Eddie Alvarez
- Bellator 76 Results: Eddie Alvarez Knocks Patricky Pitbull Out
- Video: Extended Promo For Bellator's Move To Spike TV
- Don Frye: Dan Henderson "Is An (Expletive)"
- Chael Sonnen's UFC 153 Main Event Prediction: Stephan Bonnar
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.