Randy Couture is one of the more highly-respected fighters that people tend to listen to when he makes a prediction. While appearing on UFC Tonight recently, "The Natural" gave us his take on the upcoming UFC 146 main event between UFC heavyweight champion Junior dos Santos and Frank Mir.
"At first glance, it looks like a classic match up: the grappler vs. the striker," Couture said. "Mir has some formidable striking which allows him to engage with dos Santos. We've seen him knock out fighters. It has become a very strong part of his game. His conditioning has improved. He has the ability to neutralize dos Santos. So I give the edge to Mir."
Couture, who retired last year after losing to Lyoto Machida, is a former UFC heavyweight and light heavyweight champion.
- Jason “Mayhem” Miller: “I Am Looking Past CB Dollaway!”
- Stefan Struve Discusses Maturation As Fighter, Opponent Lavar Johnson
- Video: Joe Rogan And Quinton "Rampage" Jackson Bury The Hatchet
- Four Castmember Fights Announced For 'The Ultimate Fighter: Live Finale'
- UFC On FX 5 Headed For Indianapolis
- Randy Couture Offers Up His Take On Junior Dos Santos Vs. Frank Mir
- Jon Jones Has First Court Date Set For May 29
- UFC Announces Several Fights For "The Ultimate Fighter: Live Finale"
- Mike Swick Set To Return At "UFC On FOX 4"
- Mir Takes No Issue With Dos Santos Questioning His Manhood
- Alistair Overeem: "I'm Still Gonna Get That Belt"
- Video: Bas Rutten Extols The Virtues Of The Ground Game
- Dan Hardy: Training With Frank Mir Has Been Inspirational
- Dana White Maintains Little Concern For Fox Ratings
- Anderson Silva Slips Up, Lets The World Know What He Really Thinks Of Vitor Belfort
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.