If Lorenzo Fertitta has anything to say about it, Quinton "Rampage" Jackson will finish out his UFC contract by facing Mauricio "Shogun" Rua. The news was first reported by Yahoo! Sports, while it is expected to be confirmed on UFC Tonight.
"An interesting fight we'd like to make, one we've talked about, would be him and 'Shogun.' I think that would be an interesting fight," Fertitta said. "They're both coming off a loss, they have a history and they both expressed interest in the fight in the past."
Jackson has been very outspoken in regards to leaving the UFC over the past few days, taking most of his anger out on his Twitter account. "Rampage" and Rua fought back in 2005, with "Shogun" claiming a victory in PRIDE.
UPDATE: The UFC confirmed the bout will happen, though a date or location has yet to be determined. The bout will be the last on Jackson's contract, leaving him to compete elsewhere after the Rua bout.
- Video: Jim Miller Prepares For Battle With Nate Diaz
- Brendan Schaub To Join "Ghost Adventures" This Friday Night
- UFC Contender Anthony Pettis Says 155 "Is My Home"
- Lorenzo Fertitta Down For A Women's Division In MMA
- Mike Brown Vs. Daniel Pineda Set For UFC 146
- Full "WMMA 1: McCorkle Vs. Heden" Fight Card
- War Machine's Last 48 Hours Before Incarceration
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.