Ex-Strikeforce light heavyweight champion Rafael "Feijao" Cavalcante will appear in front of the California Athletic Commission to appeal his year-long suspension. The meeting is scheduled for August 8.
Cavalcante's manager, Ed Soares, informed MMAjunkie.com of the plans to appeal. He was suspended after his drug test came back positive for stanozolol, a steroid, during a pre-fight test.
Cavalcante will bring a drug expert in to testify because he witnessed the testing of the "B" sample. His current suspension runs until May of next year.
- UFC Gold Remains Mike Swick's Ultimate Goal
- Ed Soares Feels Like Anderson Silva-Nick Diaz Is "Pretty Good"
- Brandon Vera Thought Jon Jones "Sucked" During Their Fight Until...
- Video: BJ Penn Offers Up First Installment Of His Video Blog
- Anthony Johnson Will Face Fellow Ex-UFC Fighter Jake Rosholt In September
- Roy Nelson Posts Interesting List Of Allowed, Not-Allowed TUF Coaches
- Roy Nelson Unsure If UFC Will Approve Of His TUF Coaches
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.