Former UFC light heavyweight champion Quinton "Rampage" Jackson has had a rough 2012. He was defeated by Ryan Bader, was set to face Mauricio "Shogun" Rua, but had knee surgery that cancelled the Rua bout.
Jackson was then signed to face Glover Teixeira in what would be his final fight on his current UFC contract, but a training injury scrapped that tilt. Now, Jackson is asking to have the Teixeira match put back together - despite some fans saying he doesn't deserve the fight.
"I can't wait 2 shut u haters up... But 4 now I'll just block ya hahaha love my life n I only following people I like...what that say about u!" Jackson posted on Twitter. "2 all my real fans I'm gonna make y'all proud again! Trust!! Much love 2 all y'all."
Jackson even offered to extend the olive branch and "save" his relationship with the UFC and UFC president Dana White, making his services available to face Forrest Griffin later this year. Griffin lost his scheduled opponent, Chael Sonnen, when Sonnen took a bout with Jon Jones and a spot as the next Ultimate Fighter coach.
@danawhite let's save our relationship. I'll fight Forrest n glover n the same night! 2 for the price of 1... Real talk! Get at me!— Quinton Jackson (@Rampage4real) October 17, 2012
- Rashad Evans Discusses Chael Sonnen-Jon Jones Bout
- Kenny Florian: UFC Sending Message To "Step Up" By Giving Sonnen Fight
- Dana White Wants Cowboy Stadium As Soon As Fight Can Be Made
- Eddie Alvarez Opens Up About His Future
- MFC Promoter Mark Pavelich Has An Issue With Female MMA
- Jeremy Stephens Released From Jail, Issues Statement
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.