Kyle Kingsbury left England with a loss and some serious injuries. Kingsbury was defeated by Jimi Manuwa Saturday night at UFC on Fuel TV: Struve vs. Miocic.
The fight was stopped after Kingsbury could no longer see out of his left eye. However, the post-fight tests conducted by the doctor confirmed more damage than that.
Manuwa, who was making his UFC debut, wrote on Twitter to Kingsbury, "Respect to my opponent. Very good fight sir. Hope u heal up well mate."
Kingsbury later responded, posting, "Much respect to you as well (Manuwa). You hit harder than I could have expected. The fractures in my face don't lie best of luck to you."
Follow FightLine.com on Twitter by clicking the "Follow" button below:
- Video: Bellator 74 Highlights Feature Welterweight Tourney Openers
- Ex-WWE Superstar Dave Bautista Has Opponent For Saturday
- Travis Browne Is A Fighter, Not A Talker
- Jeremy Stephens Changes His Lifestyle
- TUF: Brazil 2 Confirmed For 2013
- Chad Mendes-Hacran Dias Added To UFC On FX 6
- Danielle West Steps In For Injured Julia Budd
- Two Legacy FC Shows Gain New Fights
- "UFC On FX: Browne Vs. Bigfoot" Results And Live Coverage On Friday
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.