Former UFC middleweight contender Patrick Cote didn't have a very memorable experience the last time he stepped foot inside the Octagon. The 32-year-old suffered a decision loss to Tom Lawlor that led to his release.
Cote has been providing an insight into his mind and training in the weeks and days leading up to the fight through a blog on SportsNet.ca. In the latest edition, Cote talked about wanting to give the UFC fans something to remember him by other than the loss to Lawlor.
"I've come through a lot in the last year and a win over Cung Le will erase my poor performance against Tom Lawlor the last time I was in the UFC. I don't want UFC fans to remember me for that fight, and I'll do my best to erase it from their memory," Cote said. "I want UFC fans to remember me for beating Kendall Grove and Ricardo Almeida, not for what happened against Tom Lawlor. Better than that, I want them to remember me for knocking out Cung Le on Saturday night in Las Vegas."
Cote rose through the ranks of the UFC to secure a fight with UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva in 2008. However, a knee injury ended the bout in the third round, and Cote would go on to fall to Alan Belcher and Lawlor.
The Canadian brings a 17-7 record to the Octagon to meet Le, a former Strikeforce champion. Three of his past four wins came in Canada, while the other went down from Brazil earlier this year.
- Mike Brown Agrees To Bypass Retirement, Signs New Deal With UFC
- If Michael Bisping Wants It, Brian Stann Accepts
- Edson Barboza Advances, Needs Votes To Garner ESPY
- Tito Ortiz "Could Beat" Jon Jones In His Fighting Prime
- "Countdown To UFC 148" Takes In-Depth Look At Silva Vs. Sonnen II
- Silva-Sonnen Could Become Biggest UFC Rivalry Ever, Says Dana White
- "Bellator: MMA Onslaught" Available For Download On Playstation, XBox
- Video: Chael Sonnen Watches His Fight With Anderson Silva At UFC 117
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.