In an action packed light heavyweight bout, Ovince St. Preux delivered the finishing blow with a one punch knockout over T.J. Cook at 0:20 in round three.
After coming about as close as you can to being stopped early in the first round, Cook fired back with an emotionally charged barrage of punches that shook OSP. Yet, his aggressive style would come back to bite him as he appeared gassed as the fight progressed before the eventual finish.
"Well the first round, I kind of exhausted myself trying to finish him cause I had him rocked a couple of times," said St. Preux. "Then the second round I was just trying to put the pressure on him. But in the third round I felt real good."
In the end, it was OSP's superior endurance and precise striking that earned him the victory with a stunning overhand left.
"I was about to set everything up until I heard his coach said, it's the overhand right, it's the overhand right. I was thinking to myself, 'yes it is, thank you'" explained St. Preux.
- Mark Hominick Knows His Career Is On The Line At UFC 154
- Randy Couture On His Son Following In His Footsteps
- Series Of Interesting Messages From Jason "Mayhem" Miller Posted On Twitter
- XFC 20 Finalized With A Main Event Of Eric Reynolds Vs. Danny Salinas
- Dan Henderson Wants To Leave No Doubt By Winning All Five Rounds Or Knocking Jon Jones Out
- Strikeforce: Rousey Vs. Kaufman Medical Suspensions Handed Down To Many Fighters
- Tito Ortiz Says He Created UFC Light Heavyweight Division’s Weight Limit
- Video: Highlights From Ronda Rousey-Sarah Kaufman Title Fight
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.