Brett Okamoto, who covers MMA for ESPN, reported on his Twitter account that Nick Diaz was given $300,000 for making his obligated media appearances and to help off-set the money lost when Georges St-Pierre pulled out of the planned title fight.
The sum of money seemed to work, as Diaz made all of his appearances prior to UFC 143. After losing to Carlos Condit, Diaz announced his retirement from fighting.
Recently, Diaz was denied an appeal in regards to his positive drug test for marijuana. He can re-file for his fight license in 2013.
- UFC Veteran Jay Hieron Discusses His Role In Martin Kampmann’s Training Camp
- TUF Winner Michael Chiesa Discusses Winning Tournament, Future Plans
- Martin Kampmann Wants Title Shot Or Johny Hendricks Next
- Pros Pick Forrest Griffin Vs. Tito Ortiz 3
- Scott Coker Says Rousey-Cyborg Is Inevitable
- Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker Didn’t Foresee Daniel Cormier’s Ascension
- Blagoi Ivanov Released From Hospital
- Jon Fitch Out Of Planned Bout With Aaron Simpson
- "TUF: The Smashes" Will Feature Welterweights, Lightweights
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.