Nate Diaz has picked up three straight victories since moving to lightweight, including wins over Jim Miller and Donald Cerrone. Now, the Stockton-based fighter is set for a UFC lightweight title match with Benson Henderson at UFC On Fox: Henderson Vs. Diaz December 8 from Seattle.
Diaz, who trains with Strikeforce lightweight champion Gilbert Melendez and ex-Strikeforce champs Jake Shields and Nick Diaz, believes it is his time to bring a championship back to Cesar Gracie's gym.
"My whole team has been champions, so now maybe it's my turn," said Diaz, during a conference call to promote the event on Tuesday.
Diaz was unsuccessful back in 2006 when he fought Hermes Franca for the WEC lightweight title. Less than a year later, he defeated Manny Gamburyan for the title of Ultimate Fighter. Since joining the UFC, Diaz has been involved in five Fight of the Nights and picked up five Submission of the Night honors.
- Lavar Johnson: "I Don't Really Bark, I Just Bite"
- Dustin Poirier: Nothing's For Sure In MMA 'til The Cage Is Locked
- Dana White To UFC On Fox 5 Fighters: Please, Stay Healthy
- Nick Diaz, Not Johny Hendricks, Is GSP's No. 1 Contender, Says Trainer
- Che Mills-Matt Riddle On Deck For UFC On Fuel TV 7
- Anderson Silva At 170 Pounds? Coach Says It Would Be A "Crime"
- ONE FC And GLORY Strike Deal, Additional DREAM Championship Fight Mentioned
- Lorenz Larkin: Luke Rockhold Signed To Fight
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.