Nate Diaz is known for his bravado, mean mugging opponents left and right but this has not been the case against Jim Miller. While it may not be as personal for the Stockton native this time around, that does not mean he is taking this fight lightly.
Diaz spoke with FUEL about the tough road ahead of him as he headlines tonight's card at UFC on FOX 3.
"I don't hate everybody, you know. I'm just trying to do what I'm trying to do. When I fight, you gotta be the best fighter you can be," Diaz told Ariel Helwani following yesterday's weigh-ins.
Coming off two stellar performances against Donald Cerrone and Takanori Gomi, Diaz now has the opportunity to make a run in the UFC lightweight division and he is not here to spoil it. Dana White has even made mention of a possible title shot for Diaz if he can pull of the win. The Cesar Gracie black belt appears ready to accept the challenge as he takes on a gritty veteran who is 10-2 inside the Octagon.
"He's tough. He's got some good wins and it's going to be a tough fight," explained Diaz. "I train hard and I'm coming here to win and fight hard. Whatever happens, happens. If I get knocked out, I get knocked out but I'm going in there and I train hard. Mission here is to win and I got a tough fight ahead of me but I'm here to fight hard."
He will do battle in enemy territory as Miller hails from Sparta, NJ, a short drive from the IZOD Center in East Rutherford. But Diaz garners fan support most everywhere he goes as UFC diehards have grown to love the charging style he presents.
"I like to be at home personally but whatever, it's cool. People are showing me love out here too. I'm going to try and represent the best I can," said Diaz.
FOX's third installment of fights goes down at 8pm ET tonight.
- "UFC On FOX 3: Diaz Vs. Miller" Live Coverage And Results
- UFC On FOX 3: Mike Massenzio Vs. Karlos Vemola
- Jim Miller: “Every Second There’s Going To Be Something Coming At Him”
- Nate Diaz Has Respect For Miller, Expects Tough Fight
- Quick Shots: FOX Sports Radio To Simulcast UFC On FOX, XFC Signs South, Fight Day Live Today
- Chances Of MMA In New York Greater This Year
- Bobby Lashley Vs. James Thompson Set For Sunday At "SFL 3"
- Vermont Passes MMA, Becoming 46th State To Regulate Sport
- No Benson Henderson-Frankie Edgar II At UFC 150
- "Bellator 67" Results: Michael Chandler TKOs Akihiro Gono
- "The Ultimate Fighter: Live" Episode Nine Recap
- "UFC On FOX 3: Diaz Vs. Miller" Previews And Predictions
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.