UFC president Dana White revealed during The Ultimate Fighter: Live that his promotion had planned their first event for Nottingham, England.
Today, MMAJunkie reports that the event is official and is headed for the Capital FM Arena in Nottingham; the event will take place on September 29 and will likely air on Fuel TV. UFC: Nottingham will also likely fall in place as the fifth UFC show to air on Fuel TV, with the preliminary card set for Facebook.
The event will air live Stateside despite the significant time difference, as with the recently-aired UFC on Fuel TV: Gustafsson vs. Silva, which took place in Sweden.
Official bouts for the event include a bantamweight tilt between Brad Pickett and Yves Jabouin, as well as a lightweight fight featuring The Ultimate Fighter participants Andy Ogle and Akira Corassani.
Dan Hardy, who calls Nottingham his hometown, as well as Paul Sass are also rumored participants in the event.
- Bibiano Fernandes Out Of "UFC 149" Fight With Roland Delorme
- Joey Beltran Returns, Will Face James Te Huna At "UFC On FUEL TV 4"
- "UFC On FX 3: Johnson Vs. McCall 2" Ratings
- Erik Koch Aims To Wait It Out While Jose Aldo Recovers
- Martin Kampmann Talks Stoppage In Bout With Jake Ellenberger
- Ticket Sale Round Up: "UFC: Nottingham" And UFC 150 On Sale Soon
- "UFC: Nottingham" Set For September 29
- Demetrious Johnson Talks Victory Over Ian McCall
- Video: "UFC 147: Silva Vs. Franklin 2" Trailer
- Carlos Condit Responds To Interim Title Criticism
- Mauricio "Shogun" Rua Said He'd "Rather Be Cut" Than Fight Glover Teixeira
- UFC Approached Rory MacDonald About Fight With BJ Penn