While the UFC remained absent from television or pay-per-view - outside, of course, of The Ultimate Fighter: Live - Bellator did its best to take over the spotlight, holding Bellator 62 on Friday night. After the original main event between Eric Prindle and Thiago Santos was cancelled for a second time, lightweights Lloyd Woodard and Patricky "Pitbull" Freire were thrust into the position.
Woodard and Freire was part of the opening round of the season six lightweight tournament. The field also included wins by Rick Hawn, Brent Weedman and Thiago Michel.
However, it was Woodard that made the biggest statement, as the 3-to-1 underdog submitted "Pitbull" with a wicked kimura. Woodard improved to 12-1 in his career, with the lone loss coming at the hands of current Bellator lightweight champion Michael Chandler.
Check out the video below to view the Woodard-Freire fight, and click here for complete results from the show.
- WMMA Primer: 14-Year-Old Karo Parisyan Beats Up A Grown Man In Mexico
- Bryan Caraway Vs. Mitch Gagnon Scheduled For UFC 149
- Video: Cruz Makes Fun Of Faber's Frozen Moment On "TUF: Live"
- Cesar Gracie Gives Nick Diaz Update: "I'm Not Letting This Guy Quit"
- Anderson Silva-Chael Sonnen Rematch Official For UFC 147 In Brazil
- Video: Frank Mir Not Down For Fight With Fabricio Werdum In Brazil
- "TUF: Live" Winner Justin Lawrence Far From Happy With Performance
- "The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil" Results: 16 Fighters Earn Spot In The House
- Dana White Feels TUF Is Doing Well, Despite Low Ratings
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.