UFC heavyweight champion Junior dos Santos constantly talks about his childhood in Brazil. Now, with the power to help make dreams come true for those in his native country, "Cigano" is not missing out on the chance.
Dos Santos, who will face Frank Mir Saturday night in the main event of UFC 146 from Las Vegas, flew nine-year-old Brazilian Breno Luis Ferreira to the U.S. to attend this weekend's card and events. Ferreira was shown several times during the pre-fight press conference on Thursday with members of his family.
"We love having him in the gym," dos Santos said. "He's been coming to the gym so often now he's become a little friend. We call him the 'Little Guy.'"
Check out the video below, and remember, that despite all the negative news surrounding MMA, there are good people in the sport:
- Brian Stann Partnering With Hire Heroes USA For Memorial Day Weekend
- Junior Dos Santos, Cain Velasquez Are Daniel Cormier's Picks For "UFC 146"
- "Titan Fighting Championships 22" Results: Ex-UFC Fighter Anthony Johnson Earns Win
- "TUF: Live" Losing Semifinalists Off Finale Card
- "Bellator 70" Results: Cole Konrad Defends Title, Rick Hawn Captures Tourney Crown
- "TUF: Live" Episode Recap: Semifinals Take Centerstage
- 'UFC 146: Dos Santos Vs. Mir' Weigh-In Results
- 'UFC 146: Dos Santos Vs. Mir' Previews And Predictions
- Video: 'UFC 146: Dos Santos Vs. Mir' Weigh-Ins
- Programming Reminder: 'UFC Primetime: Dos Santos Vs. Mir' Ends Tonight
- Dana White Talks Jon Jones, Compares Him Against Anderson Silva's Professionalism
- Video: Junior Dos Santos Grants 9-Year-Old Boy His Dream
- Confident Frank Mir Prepared For "UFC 146" Main Event With Junior Dos Santos
- Cain Velasquez Offers High Praise For "UFC 146" Opponent Antonio Silva
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.