Mitch Gagnon gave the Canadian fans something to cheer for early, as he submitted Walel Watson in just 69 seconds Saturday night at UFC 152: Jones vs. Belfort. The bout was part of the Facebook prelim portion of the card.
Gagnon (9-2) lost to Bryan Caraway earlier this year, but bounced back in impressive fashion vs. Watson (9-5). Gagnon is now 7-1 in his last eight overall bouts.
"I feel great," said Gagnon, who owns nine career submission wins. "I knew I belonged in here. My last bout, I didn't come out on top. It feels great."
Gagnon countered a Superman punch by Watson and dropped him with a left. From there, it was all over, as Gagnon worked to lock in the choke and secure the victory.
- Chael Sonnen Says Jon Jones Is "Next"
- Dana White Calls Spike TV The Worst Channel
- Greg Jackson Was Concerned When Vitor Belfort Locked In The Armbar
- Vladimir Matyushenko Rips Matt Hamill - Roger Hollett Fight
- Cub Swanson Awaits José Aldo Rematch
- UFC Not Happy With How Bellator Handles Contracts
- Dana White Says Georges St-Pierre Is The Top UFC PPV Attraction, Talks Silva Vs. GSP
- Brian Stann Surprised By Decision Loss To Michael Bisping
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline