Miguel Torres (40-5) is unclear on the circumstances that involved his second release from the UFC, but knows social media didn't a play a factor this time.
Earlier this year, Torres was released following a rape tweet he posted. He was rehired several weeks later and given his second release last month after falling 2-2 under the UFC banner. His last UFC fight was a loss in April.
"I thought that was kind of funny that [people would think] I would make the same joke," said Torres on MMA Junkie Radio. "That's what people want to say, that's what people want to think, [but] I just know that I'm fighting for the World Series of Fighting."
Torres opponent for WSF debut hasn't been announced yet. The show takes place on November 3 at Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino in Las Vegas. There are plans to air the show on the NBC Sports Network.
Regarding his future, Torres continues to fight to provide for his family.
"I do the best that I can when I fight," said Torres. "I can't make everybody happy. If I fight too safe, the fans don't like it. If I fight aggressively, I lose, and fans don't like it. So I've got to find a middle ground and do what's best for me and my family."
- UFC Boss Has "No Regrets" Over Cancelling UFC 151
- Lyoto Machida's Decision To Pass On Title Shot Moves Him Down The Line
- Foot Injury Could Keep Mark Munoz Sidelined For Over A Year
- Dana White Confirms Georges St-Pierre Vs. Anderson Silva In The Plans
- Teams For The Ultimate Fighter: The Smashes Announced
- Odds Of Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza Fighting In November Looking Slim
- Tyson Nam, Bellator Contract Dispute Continues
- Video: Full Trailer For MMA-Inspired Film "Here Comes The Boom"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline