Having pushed past the death of his father during his time on The Ultimate Fighter: Live to improbably become one of this season's finalists, Michael Chiesa has one of the more touching and inspiring stories of a TUF cast member in recent memory.
This Friday night, Chiesa will face his Team Faber teammate Al Iaquinta for all the marbles -- a fighter he holds great respect for, but will charge forward to defeat nonetheless.
"As an opponent he's a tough guy," Chiesa recently told MMA:30 of Iaquinta. "There's not a bad thing I can say about him in the world. He's a good guy, he was a great teammate. We met each other under these circumstances, so it's not a big deal that we gotta go out and fight each other. It's just business. He's a well-rounded guy. I know there are some holes in his game but I'm not looking to exploit them to the media, I'm just looking to go out there and capitalize on them on Friday."
Chiesa and Iaquinta will face off at The Ultimate Fighter: Live Finale tomorrow night at the Pearl at the Palms Casino in Las Vegas.
- Kenny Florian Makes His Retirement Official
- "The Ultimate Fighter: Live Finale" Weigh-Ins: Main Event, TUF Finale Official
- Video: "UFC 148: Silva Vs. Sonnen II" Preview
- Bellator Adds Brazilian Bantamweight Rafael Silva To Roster
- Isaac Vallie-Flagg Talks Victory Over JZ Cavalcante & His Future
- Video: 'The Ultimate Fighter: Live Finale' Weigh-Ins
- Jon Jones' DWI Mugshot, More Details Released
- Martin Kampmann Seeking An Impressive Finish Over Ellenberger
- Michael Chiesa On Facing His Teammate At The TUF Finale: "It's Just Business"
- Shane Carwin Eyeing Fall Return, Warns Potential Opponents
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.