The UFC has announced two additional match ups for the impending UFC on Fox 4 fight card, both in the heavyweight division.
Matt Mitrione will tangle with British big man Rob Broughton, with two other UK heavies in Oli Thompson and Phil De Fries doing battle on the card.
A standout from the tenth season of The Ultimate Fighter, Mitrione (5-1) stumbled for the first time in his six-fight career when he met Cheick Kongo at UFC 137 this past October. Prior to that unanimous decision loss, the former pro footballer parlayed his TUF success into a five-fight run in the UFC. "The Bear" Broughton (15-7-1) kicked off his UFC career the right way with a submission win over Vinicius Queiroz, but hit a slump following that bout. He will ride a two-fight losing streak into his fight with Mitrione.
British strongman Thompson (9-3) lost to Shawn Jordan in his UFC debut this past March by second round TKO; prior to that defeat he was on a five-fight winning streak. De Fries (8-1, 1 NC) fared better in his octagon debut, taking out Rob Broughton by unanimous decision. However, he stumbled in his next and most recent outing, losing to Stipe Miocic via TKO this past February.
UFC on Fox 4 is likely to take place on August 4 at the Staples Center in Los Angeles and to feature the following match ups:
-Lyoto Machida vs. Ryan Bader
-Brian Stann vs. Hector Lombard
-Travis Browne vs. Ben Rothwell
- Bellator, TNA Wrestling And Spike TV Officially Announce The Signing Of King Mo
- Video: Complete Recap Of The Strikeforce Heavyweight Grand Prix
- Quick Shots: UFC 149 Tickets On Sale, Bellator Seminar Today, Bellator Signs Shanon Slack
- Antonio Silva Working With Wrestlers To Prepare For Cain Velasquez
- Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal Headed To Bellator, TNA Wrestling
- Jon Jones Vs. Dan Henderson For UFC Light Heavyweight Title Going Down September 1
- Video: Jeremy Stephens' Latest UFC On Fuel TV 3 Vlog
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.