FightHubTV's Michael Mardones recently sat down with UFC welterweight contender, Martin "Hitman" Kampmann to discuss the Danish fighter's aspirations in the sport, as well as his next opponent.
Currently on a three-fight win streak, Kampmann, who trains out of Xtreme Couture in Las Vegas, NV let Mardones know that he is focused on attaining UFC gold.
"I've fought some of the best guys in the welterweight division and of course, I want to fight for the title, that's my goal," Kampmann said. "I've fought against (interim champ) Condit before and got a win over him. I'd love to fight him again. I'd love to fight (current champ) GSP, too. I want to fight anybody who's got the title."
When subsequently asked which man he would prefer to face, "Hitman" gave an unsurprising answer.
"I think (I'd prefer) the fight with GSP, because GSP's got the real belt. Condit's got the interim belt, but the real champ is still GSP. If Condit beats GSP, then I want to get the real belt (and face Condit). I'll settle for the interim belt—I'll fight for that too—but of course, if I get the choice, I'll fight for the real belt," ended Kampmann with a laugh.
As current champion George St. Pierre continues to rehab his knee, it is unclear if interim strap holder, Carlos Condit will make a title defense against Kampmann, or wait to unify the belts when St. Pierre returns from injury.
- "Feijao" Cavalcante Popped For Stanozolol, Files Appeal With CSAC
- Martin Kampmann: “GSP’s Got The Real Belt… The Real Champ Is Still GSP”
- Michael Bisping Makes His Silva - Sonnen II Pick
- Alistair Overeem Intent On December Return
- "Countdown To UFC 147" Premieres Tonight
- Rousimar Palhares In For Luiz Cane Against Yushin Okami
- With Win Over Josh Neer, Mike Pyle Fancies Himself A Contender
- Mike Russow Talks Under The Radar Status, Bout With Werdum This Saturday
- Wanderlei Silva Not Planning To Retire Anytime Soon
- Carlos Condit Talks Jon Jones' DUI
- Takeya Mizugaki Vs. Jeff Hougland Set For UFC 151