While Georges St.-Pierre (22-2) has been on the sidelines for the last nine months with an ACL injury, Martin Kampmann (20-5) was climbing the ranks and a victory over Johny Hendricks (13-1) may make him the No. 1 contender.
"I believe a win over Hendricks gets me the title shot," said Kampmann on Bleacher Report. "I feel I should have been given the shot a long time ago. I have fought some of the best welterweights in the world and every single fight I get is against one of the top contenders."
"I'm doing GSP a favor because I'm beating all the tough guys in the division," said Kampmann. "He should be sending me thank-you letters."
Dana White recently said that there is a possibility of Anderson Silva (32-4) vs. St-Pierre in the future. Kampmann thinks that St-Pierre shouldn't be looking ahead to a possible super fight and instead be worried about losing the championship to him.
"I don't know why GSP is so anxious to get knocked out by Anderson Silva," said Kampmann. "If he wants to get knocked out, he can just take a fight with me."
- Martin Kampmann Doesn't Lack Confidence In Potential Georges St-Pierre Fight
- Jon Jones Has Future Plans To Beat Chael Sonnen "Silly"
- Antonio Banuelos Plans To Push The Pace In Lighter Weight Class
- Scott Coker Explains Reason Behind Lorenz Larkin's Strikeforce Title Shot
- Dan Henderson Believes He'll Get Jon Jones-Vitor Belfort Winner
- Ray Sefo: Tyrone Spong Coming To World Series Of Fighting
- Pat Barry "By The End Of This Year, I'm Going To Punch Somebody In The Face"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline