The UFC announced what many have figured for several weeks, as Mark Munoz will face Chris Weidman in the main event of UFC on FUEL TV 4. A location has not been announced, but the card will take place July 11.
Along with Munoz-Weidman, Jon Fitch vs. Aaron Simpson is expected to take place the same night. UFC Tonight first confirmed the main event on Tuesday.
Munoz has been on the sidelines rehabbing from elbow surgery, as nearly 30 fragments were removed from his elbow. He was scheduled to face Chael Sonnen in a No. 1 contender match earlier this year, but the injury knocked him out of the bout.
Weidman has won all four of his UFC bouts, including a victory over former contender Demian Maia. The rising prospect will face a stern test in Munoz.
- Video: Alistair Overeem's NSAC Hearing
- Falcao-Spang Winner To Face Alexander Shlemenko For Vacant Title
- Vinny Magalhaes Blames Extended Absence On M-1 Global
- Video: Georges St-Pierre's And His Road Back To The Octagon
- Free From Bellator, Jay Hieron To Try Luck With Legacy FC
- Dana White Calls Overeem Liar, Says Future With UFC Uncertain
- "UFC 145: Jones Vs. Evans" Fighter Salaries
- Keith Kizer Says No Issues Will Come In Chael Sonnen Receiving His Fight License
- Only A Title Shot Would Get Chuck Liddell Out Of Retirement
- Chael Sonnen "Embarassed" For Anderson Silva
- Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, Cheick Kongo On Tap For "UFC 149"
- Frank Mir Wants To See Alistair Overeem Receive Another Shot In UFC
- Mark Munoz Vs. Chris Weidman Slated For Main Event Of "UFC On FUEL TV 4"
- Troubling Details Surface Surrounding Overeem's Doctor
- Gina Carano In Talks To Join Fast And Furious 6 Cast
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.