Mark Munoz is among those who feel like Hector Lombard's pre-UFC feats do not warrant a title shot. Lombard is set to make his debut inside the Octagon against Tim Boetsch at UFC 149 next month.
While the comments Munoz made reflected Lombard's original opponent, Brian Stann, they still give you an insight to how he feels concerning Lombard.
"Shoot, I got respect for that guy. He's a good fighter....but, at the same time, I've been in this organization for over two years and I've been earning my stripes; he needs to do the same," said Munoz, in a recent interview with AllElbows.com. "Should he win (over Stann), I don't think he deserves a title shot. I don't. Just being honest. Just being real."
Munoz will return to action this month against Chris Weidman. He is on the return from elbow surgery that knocked him out of a No. 1 contender match with Chael Sonnen.
- Frank Shamrock Slams UFC Hall Of Fame
- Quick Shots: Dana White Jokes On Rampage, Done Buying Companies
- B.J. Penn Looking To Show Tristar & Canada What He's Really About
- Video: Wanderlei Silva Trains With Lyoto Machida At Black House
- UFC Featherweight Ross Pearson Excited To Test His Skills Against Cub Swanson, Make Title Run
- Michael Bisping Reads Texts From Chael Sonnen On 'UFC Tonight'
- Dana White On Fernandes: If He Says He Didn't Sign, He Didn't Sign
- Dan Miller Talks Welterweight Debut At "UFC On FX: Maynard Vs. Guida"
- Kenny Florian On The Former Contender’s New Career
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.