"If they'd like to get me a fight, I'd like to get a rematch with Alistair Overeem, you know, when he comes back from his injury or from whatever - his hiatus," said Hunt, on The MMA Hour recently. "I'd like to have my rematch with him. I'd be willing to fight next year so it doesn't matter."
Hunt was defeated by Overeem back in 2008, suffering a first round submission loss to the former Strikeforce heavyweight champion. Hunt (8-7) is currently on a three-fight win streak, including two stoppage victories.
Overeem is suspended until late in 2012 due to a failed pre-fight drug test. He is eligible to re-apply for his fight license at that time.
- Melvin Guillard-Jamie Varner Added To TUF 16 Finale
- Zoila Gurgel-Jessica Eye Set For Bellator 83
- Chael Sonnen Selects Dan Henderson As TUF Assistant Coach
- Anthony Johnson On Linderman "I Just Want To Hurt Him"
- Bellator 79 Weigh-In Results: Hale, Santos Official In Heavyweight Semi
- Michael Bisping Anxious To Return To Action As Soon As Possible
- Junior Dos Santos The Next To Join Nike's Roster
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.