After the UFC made the official announcement that Ronda Rousey (6-0) would make her first title defense against Liz Carmouche (7-2), the challenger revealed she had been training for over a year in anticipation.
"From her second fight in Strikeforce, I was already studying her and breaking her down," said Carmouche to MMA Junkie. "We were already preparing and analyzing and making adjustments in our game specifically for Ronda."
Carmouche noted that nobody has seen Rousey in the defense position and plans to show everyone how she fares. When the two meet UFC history will be made, as the first female fight for the promotion in its near 20 year history occurs.
Rousey vs. Carmouche will headline UFC 157 from the Honda Center.
- Dustin Poirier Fueled By Loss, Looks To Bounce Back At TUF 16 Finale
- UFC Officially Announces March Return To Japan
- Video: Preview For "UFC 155: Dos Santos Vs. Velasquez II"
- Siyar Bahadurzada Calls Out Rory MacDonald
- Diego Sanchez Confirms Move Back To Lightweight, Says Next Fight To Be Announced Soon
- Roger Gracie Still In The Planning Stages Of Training
- Raphael Assuncao Fought Through Broken Arm At UFC On Fox 5
- Anderson Silva Requests 10-Fight UFC Contract
- Roy Nelson: Matt Mitrione Made Fight Personal By Requesting It
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.