Lavar Johnson injured his groin during a recent training session, knocking him out of a planned heavyweight fight with Brendan Schaub. The two were set to be the featured FX prelim fight for UFC On Fox: Henderson Vs. Diaz on December 8.
Johnson (17-6) informed Schaub that he hopes the UFC can re-schedule the match when he heals up. Johnson was looking to rebound from a loss to Stefan Struve earlier this year.
"I was looking forward to it," Johnson posted to Schaub on Twitter. "Hope we can get it done in the future. Once again, I'm sorry big dawg."
Schaub, while obviously frustrated to be removed from a card, replied to Johnson, "part of the game my man." The former Ultimate Fighter runner-up has dropped two straight, falling to 8-2. He has since been removed from the card completely.
- Phil Davis Knows To Never Count Forrest Griffin Out
- BAMMA 11 Results: UFC Vet Xavier Foupa-Pokam Stuns Jack Marshman
- Video: Dana White Appears On Fox's NFL Pregame Show
- Brendan Schaub Discusses His Relationship With NFL Star Tim Tebow
- Jon Jones Has No Plans To Ever Reconcile With Rashad Evans
- Dan McGuane: Bellator Officials Knew Of My Past Manslaughter Charges
- Josh Thomson Hopes For A Spot On Strikeforce’s Last Card
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.