It was announced earlier this month that UFC welterweight fighter Jon Fitch had been forced out of his planned UFC on Fuel 4 bout against Aaron Simpson and now it's being reported that it was a knee injury which sat him on the bench.
As of now, Simpson retains his spot on the July 11 card, though no replacement opponent has been named for him.
Fitch last appeared in action at UFC 141 late last December, where he was quickly knocked out by Johny Hendricks; it was the first time since 2002 that Fitch had been finished in a fight.
No word yet on the severity of Fitch's injury, or for how long he'll be out as a result of it.
- 'The Ultimate Fighter: Live Finale' Medical Suspensions
- Three Fights Added To UFC 150 From Denver
- Video: Outtakes From Anderson Silva's Budweiser Commercial
- Chris Clements Steps In For Alves Against Bahadurzada
- Bibiano Fernandes Set To Make UFC Debut
- "The Ultimate Fighter: Live" Fighter Payouts
- Jon Fitch Sidelined By Knee Injury
- Report: DREAM Closes Its Doors For Good
- Video: UFC Fighters Discuss Jon Jones' Recent DUI Arrest
- Joe Stevenson To Fight For Resurrection Fighting Alliance On June 30
- Gilbert Melendez Vs. Eddie Alvarez "Would Be Fantastic" According To Scott Coker