After 11 years, Kazuo Misaki (25-11-2-1 NC) has decided his MMA career has run its course. According to Asian MMA, the Pride 2006 welterweight grand prix winner would rather retire then continue to compete for Strikeforce due to their future not being clear.
Before Misaki says goodbye to the sport, he plans on having one farewell fight.
His last fight will be at DEEP's Haleo Impact on December 22 in Japan. No opponent has been named.
Misaki fought several times for PRIDE and made two appearances for Strikeforce. He is on a three fight win streak heading into his retirement fight. He defeated Paul Daley (30-12-2) in his last outing in July.
- Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira Walked Into UFC 153 With An Injury
- Shane Carwin Thinks Roy Nelson Is Just Talk
- Ian McCall Defends The Flyweight Division
- Matt Riddle, Francisco Rivera Wins Changed To No-Contests By Calgary Commission
- Daniel Cormier Knows He's Crossing Paths With Jon Jones
- Chad Mendes-Hacran Dias Official For UFC On FX 6
- Anderson Silva: Chael Sonnen Undeserving Of TUF, Jon Jones Fight
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.