Josh Barnett is looking to sign on the dotted line and compete for Strikeforce this January when the promotion returns to Showtime. Barnett appeared on Inside MMA recently and discussed his potential return to the cage.
"I do know that I'm looking forward to fighting sometime in January for Strikeforce and giving all the fans that have been following me on Showtime and Strikeforce exactly what they expect," Barnett said. "I don't have an opponent, I can just start with all my members of my team in the gym and start thrashing them."
Barnett (31-6) was defeated by Daniel Cormier in the finals of the Strikeforce Heavyweight Grand Prix this past May. The loss snapped a eight-fight win streak for Barnett.
As a former UFC competitor, Barnett is one of the bigger heavyweight names not signed to the promotion. Strikeforce's heavyweight division will cease to exist soon, and Barnett could be in line for a return to the Octagon.
- UFC Heavyweights Shawn Jordan-Mike Russow To Square Off In January
- Clay Guida-Hatsu Hioki Targeted For UFC On Fox 6
- Josh Barnett "Hopeful" For January Fight In Strikeforce
- Erik Koch-Ricardo Lamas Shifted To UFC On Fox 6
- GSP-Anderson Silva Would Be Mega Event
- Rich Hale: Not Going To Let His Chance “Slip Through The Fingers"
- Quinton "Rampage" Jackson Says He's Fighting Glover Teixeira At UFC On Fox 6
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.