UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo welcomed back Renan Barao with a surprise party, as the interim UFC bantamweight champion returned home to Brazil. Barao defeated Urijah Faber recently at UFC 149: Faber vs. Barao.
Barao, who mentioned that he suffered a minor foot injury in the win over Faber to Tatame.com, is already pushing for his first match as a champion in the UFC.
"My goal is to fight with the champion, my goal is to fight Dominick Cruz," Barao said, "but I'm a UFC fighter and I'll fight whoever they tell me to."
Barao joins fellow Brazilian UFC champions Aldo, Junior dos Santos (heavyweight) and Anderson Silva (middleweight). He added, "The feeling is the best possible. I made a dream come true for my team and Brazil."
- Frank Mir To Face Daniel Cormier In Strikeforce Later This Year
- Mike Swick Vs. DaMarques Johnson Added To UFC On Fox 4 Main Card
- Next Light Heavyweight Contender Could Be Determined At UFC On Fox 4
- UFC Makes Alan Belcher-Vitor Belfort Official For UFC 153
- Firas Zahabi Says GSP Still Interested In Fighting Nick Diaz
- Ryan Bader's Only Job Vs. Lyoto Machida Is To Win
- Dustin Pague Vs. Chico Camus Planned For August's UFC 150
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.