The two were expected to collide earlier this month, but an injury knocked Aldo out of the bout. "Scarface" has not fought since January, defeating Chad Mendes in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
Edgar decided to move down to featherweight after failing to take back the UFC lightweight title from Benson Henderson. "The Answer" agreed to meet Aldo after a training injury knocked Erik Koch out of the planned main event.
Nothing official has been confirmed by the UFC, but both Aldo and Edgar have mentioned wanting to face each other next.
- Women Are Coming To The UFC, According To Dana White
- Dana White Postpones Surgery Until 2013
- Chael Sonnen Responds To Quinton "Rampage" Jackson
- Donald Cerrone Weighing His Options After News Of Anthony Pettis Health Scare
- Legacy FC Middleweight Championship To Remain Vacant Due To Injury
- Heavyweights Pat Barry-Shane Del Rosario Targeted For TUF 16 Finale
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.