UFC officials announced the bout Monday, along with the news that tickets will go on sale to the general public this Saturday.
Unbeaten in fourteen fights and successful in five title defenses (two in the WEC, three in the UFC once his title was promoted), Jose Aldo has shown no signs of loosning his stranglehold on the featherweight division. The 25-year-old is coming off of a knockout win over Chad Mendes that he picked up in front of a home crowd back at UFC 142 in Rio de Janeiro this past January.
Erik Koch earned the unenviable task of challenging for Aldo's title by winning four straight (half of those wins came in the WEC). After knocking out Raphael Assuncao quickly in his UFC debut, Koch took a unanimous decision over Jonathan Brookins in his most recent appearance, which came at UFC Fight Night: Shields vs. Ellenberger last September.
UFC 149 is scheduled for July 21 at the Scotiabank Saddledome in Calgary, making it the first UFC event to be held in the city.
- Benson Henderson's First Title Defense Set For UFC 150 Against Frankie Edgar
- Urijah Faber To Compete For UFC Interim Bantamweight Title
- Nephew Of Anderson Silva To Compete Saturday At "Lion Fight Muay Thai VI"
- Papy Abedi Will Seek First UFC Win Vs. Rick Story At "UFC On FX 4"
- Gilbert Melendez "Coming For All The 55-Pounders" Regardless Of Promotion
- Another Week, Another Interesting Tim Kennedy Video
- Siyar Bahadurzada In For Yoshihiro Akiyama To Face Thiago Alves At "UFC 149"
- Team Cruz Wants UFC Bantamweight Champ To Remain On "TUF: Live"
- Lineup Finalized For Bellator 69 Next Friday
- UFC On Fox Ratings Suffer Steep Decline
- Sarah Kaufman Will Challenge Ronda Rousey In August
Get more great MMA news and analyisis over at Fightline.