UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo was hit by a car this past weekend while riding his motorcycle. Luckily, the champ was unharmed.
The accident is not expected to affect his upcoming title bout with Frankie Edgar at UFC 153 on October 13, as he walked away from the wreck with only minor cuts and bruises. ”Yes, I had a motorcycle accident, but it was no big deal. No, there’s no problem (about fighting Oct. 13). I’m going to the gym right now.” Aldo told UOL Esporte’s Mauricio Deho.
UFC 153 is expected to take place on October 13 at the HSBC Arena in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Aldo was initially expected to take on Erik Koch in the main event, unfortunately Koch had to withdraw due to an injury. The featherweight divisions newest competitor, Frankie Edgar stepped in to fight for the title.
- Jose Aldo likely to face Erik Koch at UFC 147 or UFC 149
- Jose Aldo Takes On Chad Mendes At UFC 142 In Brazil
- Edgar vs Aldo now happening; Koch injured
- Aldo vs. Koch goes down at UFC 153 in Brazil
- Jose Aldo Fight Camp: The Maynard Connection
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at MMA Sucka