UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones suffered just a strained ligament in his elbow, according to a report on UFC Tonight. Jones' agent, Malki Kawa, confirmed that "Bones" saw a doctor in Los Angeles that checked him out.
It was announced on Tuesday that Jones would coach the next season of The Ultimate Fighter vs. Chael Sonnen. The position will allow Jones plenty of time to rehab his elbow, as the two will be filmed for 12 weeks. They are expected to square off in April.
- Rashad Evans Discusses Chael Sonnen-Jon Jones Bout
- Kenny Florian: UFC Sending Message To "Step Up" By Giving Sonnen Fight
- Dana White Wants Cowboy Stadium As Soon As Fight Can Be Made
- Eddie Alvarez Opens Up About His Future
- MFC Promoter Mark Pavelich Has An Issue With Female MMA
- Jeremy Stephens Released From Jail, Issues Statement
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.