UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones may not be agreeing to face UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva in the near future. But, that doesn't mean "Bones" isn't preparing to face another legendary figure.
Jones, on his Twitter account recently, posted a reminder that he is meeting "Hendo" at UFC 151 in September. With all the talk of Jones-Silva, maybe the reigning 205-pound champion felt as if people had forgot about the contest with Henderson.
"Hey guys, I'll be fighting Dan Henderson September 1st for the light heavyweight championship of the world...just in case you forgot."
Jones will be looking to inch closer to Tito Ortiz and his record of five successful title defenses of the UFC light heavyweight title. So far, Jones has defended the crown against Quinton "Rampage" Jackson, Lyoto Machida and Rashad Evans.
- "UFC On Fuel TV: Munoz Vs. Weidman" Results
- Stephan Bonnar Talks Around Retirement Question
- Dana White Not Sure Who Will Face Anderson Silva Next, Unhappy With Late Stoppage In Main Event
- Ross Pearson, George Sotiropoulos Named TUF: The Smashes Coaches
- UFC On FUEL 4 Bonuses Awarded To Te Huna, Beltran Weidman, Caceres
- Video: "UFC On Fuel TV: Munoz Vs. Weidman" Post-Fight Press Conference
- Jon Fitch Looking To Return In September
- Statement Made: Chris Weidman Stops Mark Munoz, Calls For Anderson Silva
- UFC On FUEL 4: Mark Munoz Vs. Chris Weidman
- James Te Huna Pounds Joey Beltran, Picks Up Victory
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.