Johny Hendricks pushed himself to the front of the line in the UFC's welterweight division with his win over Josh Koscheck Saturday night. Hendricks-Koscheck served as the co-main event to UFC on Fox: Diaz vs. Miller.
During a post-fight interview with FUEL TV, Hendricks revealed that he was battling illness in the weeks and days prior to the bout. Hendricks earned a decision victory.
"I had a tough training camp, the last two weeks I was battling some mean stuff. I had bronchitis and then mono," Hendricks said. "Two great ones to have. No (Hendricks didn't consider pulling out of the fight). I was sitting there, coughing up junk."
- "The Ultimate Fighter: Live" Ratings Continue To Flag
- Video: Marcus Davis Mulling Retirement After KO
- Jose Aldo Vs. Erik Koch Official For UFC 149
- Dominick Cruz Injures ACL, UFC 148 Title Fight Canceled
- Nate Marquardt Vs. Tyron Woodley For Strikeforce Title
- Dana White Credits Donald Trump With UFC Return To Atlantic City
- Brian Stann Vs. Hector Lombard To Main Event "UFC On FOX 4"
- UFC Thinking About Another Possible Comeback Season For "TUF"
- "TUF: Brazil" Episode Recap: Wanderlei Earns A Win
- "Super Fight League 3" Results: James Thompson Tops Bobby Lashley
- Roger Gracie To Make Middleweight Debut Vs. Keith Jardine At Strikeforce Event
- Frank Mir Discusses His Next Opponent UFC Heavyweight Champion Junior Dos Santos
- Not Even Illness Could Take Johny Hendricks Down
- Nate Diaz Happy To Rest Up Before Title Shot
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.