John Fraser (11-4) is looking for one more chance to make it to the large platform in MMA after a recent win over Tyler Toner (13-5) at Score Fighting Series 6. One big obstacle might be his age.
"I do have the urgency," said Fraser to MMA Weekly. "I just turned 35. This is the year. I've got to get it done this year, I believe.
Fraser secured a decision victory, where he also earned Fight of Night honors earlier this month. In his previous fight he lost, which snapped his seven fight win streak.
The main goal for Fraser is to join the UFC roster. If that doesn't come to fruition, Fraser knows he can look back at his career accomplishments and be satisfied with how they played out.
"I'd love to get my shot at the UFC, that's what I'm fighting for," said Fraser. "I may win three fights next year and still not get the call. If that's the case, I'm happy with my MMA career. I've won some titles, had some big fights and have a good record."
The next fight for both has not been announced.
- Ben Henderson Went To Veterans For Advice
- Cesar Gracie: Nate Diaz Vs. Gilbert Melendez Will Never Happen
- Georges St-Pierre Says Focus Should Be On Carlos Condit, Not Anderson Silva
- "UFC Unrestricted" To Offer In-Depth Look At UFC 148
- Junior Dos Santos Confident He Could KO Heavyweight Boxing Champion
- Dana White Hosting Live Q&A On Tuesday Evening
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.