UFC commentator Joe Rogan feels the recent Twitter support for Mark Hunt to be the replacement fighter for Alistair Overeem against UFC heavyweight champion Junior dos Santos isn't a bad idea at all. Rogan, through the MMA forum The Underground, recently gave his view of the idea.
"There are some wise people on this board, and I support this movement. Style wise that might be the most exciting match up. Either way, even if Hunt doesn't replace the reem I would still love to see this matchup down the road, especially considering how good Hunt looked against (Cheick) Kongo," Rogan wrote.
Overeem is still looking to clear his name and receive his fight license, something that would likely keep the scheduled match on track for UFC 146. Hunt, who has won three straight fights inside the Octagon, is set to meet Stefan Struve on the same card.
- Charles Oliveira Vs. Jonathan Brookins Agreed To For UFC On Fuel TV
- "The Ultimate Fighter: Live" Ratings Under One Million
- Video: Jon Jones Training On Easter
- Cris Cyborg's Appeal Denied, Must Serve One-Year Suspension
- Alistair Overeem Applies For Fight License In Nevada
- Frank Mir Calls Overeem "Most Decorated" Heavyweight Striker
- Video: Fedor Trains In UFC Gloves, Let The Rumors Heat Up
- Anthony Johnson Ready To Move On After Release From UFC
- "The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil" Episode 3 Recap
- Jim Miller Wants To Be Known As The Best Ever In MMA
- UFC Inks Brazilian Prospect Hacran Dias
- Nate Diaz Earns His Black Belt From Cesar Gracie
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.