UFC lightweight staple Joe Lauzon has revealed his next assignment: Terry Etim at UFC on Fox 4. The two will meet in a bout that was originally scheduled to take place in 2010.
Lauzon took to his personal blog to report and discuss the match up:
I was supposed to fight Terry Etim once upon a time… in Boston at UFC 118. I trained really hard because I knew it was going to be a tough fight… but the fight didn't happen. Terry pulled out of the fight with a broken rib and I ended up fighting Gabe Ruediger instead. The stars have aligned though and it looks the fight will happen after all.
Terry Etim is a lanky lightweight over 6 feet tall with a record of 15-4 (4-2 in the UFC) from Liverpool, England. He has a lot of wins by submission and generally uses his "long ass arms" to choke people into submission. While I can't grow my arms or legs any longer to help deal with him, I will be training like a mad man to try and negate his length and bring the fight to him.
For both of us, this is kind of like deja vu because we have already trained for one another. I liked the fight the first time around, but I really like the fight this time around as I have grown tremendously as an athlete and fighter.
August 4th. Mark your calendar.
In his last appearance, Lauzon had a two-fight winning streak halted by Anthony Pettis, who knocked him out quickly with a head kick at UFC 144 this past February.
UFC on Fox 4 is scheduled to take place on August 4 at the Staples Center in Los Angeles.
- Josh Barnett Believes Strikeforce Tourney Will Stand The Test Of Time
- Video: The Best Of Filthy Tom Lawlor
- Frank Mir: Dos Santos Avoids The Ground Game "Like It's Poison"
- Luke Rockhold Faces Tim Kennedy In Next Title Defense
- Bellator 68 Weigh-In Results
- Freddie Roach Talks GSP, Diaz And Condit
- Bellator, TNA Wrestling And Spike TV Officially Announce The Signing Of King Mo
- Video: Complete Recap Of The Strikeforce Heavyweight Grand Prix
- Quick Shots: UFC 149 Tickets On Sale, Bellator Seminar Today, Bellator Signs Shanon Slack
- Antonio Silva Working With Wrestlers To Prepare For Cain Velasquez
- Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal Headed To Bellator, TNA Wrestling
- Jon Jones Vs. Dan Henderson For UFC Light Heavyweight Title Going Down September 1
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.