Jim Miller likely looks at 2010 as the perfect situation for himself. Miller fought four times - winning all of them - and positioned himself for a run at the UFC lightweight title.
Saturday night, in the co-main event of UFC 155: Dos Santos vs. Velasquez II, Miller closed out the year with a thrilling decision victory over Joe Lauzon. It was just the third fight of 2012 for Miller, though, and he hopes the new year brings more fights.
"I hope to be very busy in 2013," said Miller, on the Fuel TV post-fight show. "I had eight months off between my last fight and this fight. I like to fight every three months."
Miller (22-4) rebounded from a submission loss to Nate Diaz that gave Diaz a title shot. He is now 11-3 in his UFC career.
"I am here to stay," Miller said. "When I step into the cage, I am looking to leave it all in there."
- Mark Munoz Involved In Car Accident, Appears To Have Avoided Any Serious Injuries
- Antonio Silva Only Fighting Junior Dos Santos If UFC Forces Him To
- Glover Teixeira Plans To KO Quinton Jackson Out Of The UFC
- Video: Backstage Access To UFC 155
- Jon Jones Responds To Dan Henderson: "Old Guy Got Jokes"
- Nate Marquardt Glad To Put Old Issues With Dana White Behind Him
- Pat Healy Frustrated With UFC’s Decision Making About Strikeforce Fighters
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.