Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones built Cowboys Stadium to be the grand spectacle that it has quickly become. UFC president Dana White has talked in the past about hosting a major UFC event in the arena, and Jones appears on board with that, as well.
"We want to have the big event," said Jones, during a recent interview on KRLD-FM 105.3 (thanks to Star Telegram for transcribing). "That's a goal and a dream of mine to have as big of a sporting event we can at Cowboys Stadium. I can assure you that I'm on the incentive plan to get them in there."
The stadium, which seats 80,000 but has a maximum capacity of 110,000, drew just over 41,000 fans for a boxing match in 2010 between Manny Pacquiao and Antonio Margarito.
- Glover Teixeira Draws Fabio Maldonado For October Brazil Card
- Anderson Silva-Stephan Bonnar Light Heavyweight Affair New UFC 153 Main Event
- Chris Leben Returning To Octagon This December To Face Karlos Vemola
- Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira Returning At UFC 153 To Face Dave Herman
- Vitor Belfort Calls Chael Sonnen A Twitter Clown
- Report: Bellator Heavyweight Champion Cole Konrad Retires
- Cyrille Diabaté Looks For The Decision, Not Knockout In Fight With Fábio Maldonado
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline