Jared Hamman wanted nothing more than to put on a show in front of his new hometown fans at UFC 150: Henderson Vs. Edgar II Saturday night. However, after Michael Kuiper landed a kick that tore his hamstring, Hamman was left fighting on one leg.
Showing obvious pain on his face, Hamman limped back to his corner after the opening five minutes. Some wondered if he would go back out, but "The Messenger" never thought twice about continuing on. Kuiper finished him later in the second, and now, Hamman has been forced to defend his reason for not giving up.
"I've heard that people are getting on my corner for letting me go 2nd (round)," Hamman wrote on Twitter Sunday. "Ridiculous, it was my call. Knew it was torn but you never Quit."
- Chael Sonnen Will Face Forrest Griffin In December
- Video: Preview For Second Episode Of "All Access: Ronda Rousey"
- Brian Stann Fires Back At Alexander Shlemenko's Comments
- Alexander Shlemenko Says UFC Fighters Use Injury To Dictate Fights, Calls Out Brian Stann
- ONE FC Releases Complete Fight Card For Next Event
- Bellator Title Fight Between Pat Curran-Patricio Freire Off
- Experience Comes First, Then Championship Gold For Erick Silva
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.