Jamie Varner, a former WEC champion, was forced to pull out of a scheduled match up with Melvin Guillard Saturday evening at The Ultimate Fighter 16 Finale. Varner became ill in the warm-up room and Nevada Athletic Commission personnel would not allow him to compete.
The bout was removed from the main card and re-scheduled for later this month at UFC 155: Dos Santos vs. Velasquez II. While Guillard had his opportunity to speak out on the fight being cancelled, Varner decided to take to Twitter to explain his disappointment.
I wanted to fight. This sucks, I had a great training camp. Thanks to everyone out there for the overwhelming support. MMA has the best fans
The placement of the bout at UFC 155 is unknown, though it could shift into the prelim card main spot after several changes were made to the lineup due to injuries.
- DREAM Places Inaugural Featherweight Championship Bout On NYE Card
- TUF Loser Sam Alvey Given MFC Title Shot
- Video: Highlights From This Past Friday's Bellator 84
- Dana White: Every Signed UFC Fighter Is On Twitter
- Daniel Cormier Targets Four-To-Five Fights In 2013
- The Ultimate Fighter 16 Finale Salaries Released
- Patrick Cote-Alessio Sakara Rematch Off For UFC 158
- Nick Diaz On Facing GSP: "This Is The Fight I Want"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.