Fresh off his recent victory over Edson Barboza, Jamie Varner has agreed to return to the Octagon to face Joe Lauzon. UFC officials confirmed the fight Wednesday night after Terry Etim had been forced to pull out of the planned UFC on Fox 4 fight.
Varner-Lauzon will take place August 4 from Los Angeles. It will be part of the undercard for the evening.
Varner returned to the UFC to face Barboza after receiving the call to step in on short notice. The former WEC champion knocked the undefeated Barboza out.
Lauzon is hoping to rebound from a loss to Anthony Pettis earlier this year.
- Jamie Varner Steps Up, Signs On To Face Joe Lauzon At "UFC On FOX 4"
- Video: Anderson Silva Vs. Chael Sonnen "It's Personal"
- Video: Chael Sonnen Responds To Anderson Silva
- Anderson Silva, Jon Jones Nominated For ESPY "Fighter Of The Year"
- Miesha Tate Targeted For Fall Return To Action
- Brian Ebersole Calls "TUF: The Smashes" Coaching Job A Dream
- Todd Duffee To Welcome Jeff Monson To Super Fight League
- Video: "The End Of The Road" With Tito Ortiz