Initial reports from UFC 155: Dos Santos vs. Velasquez II had former UFC heavyweight champion Junior dos Santos suffering a broken jaw. UFC president Dana White made mention of the possible injury, but it was later denied by Paula Sack.
Sack, a reporter for UFC Brazil, said at the post-fight press conference that dos Santos did not suffer a broken jaw after being taken to the hospital.
Dos Santos was defeated by Velasquez, taking extreme punishment by the new UFC heavyweight champion for the better part of 25 minutes. The loss was the first since entering the UFC for "Cigano."
- Bellator Counters UFC’s Contract For Eddie Alvarez
- Jason Lambert And Hector Ramirez Added To Bellator 85
- Pat Healy’s Strikeforce Opponent Finally Revealed
- Paige VanZant Couldn’t Resist Invicta FC’s Offer
- UFC Hall Of Famer Dan Severn Retires
- Lucas Martins Tabbed To Face Edson Barboza At UFC On FX 7
- Bellator And Paul Daley Reach An Agreement
- Bobby Voelker Excited To Make UFC Debut Vs. Patrick Cote
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.